Malawi Trip Tracker

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Day 2


the last two days have been a whirlwind; in fact, it's hard to believe that i have only been here two days. yesterday, i spent the afternoon looking at housing options. i haven't found the perfect fit yet. right now i am in a b&b and will probably move into a temporary house for a few weeks. after all of my movement this summer, i am ready to find my home for the year and settle in, but like most things in malawi, that will have to happen in due time.


after the housing search, i had dinner with two other CDCers and then out to see a live Malawian band. today, i headed to the lake with an interesting crew (bilharzia, what bilharzia? famous last words) and got back just in time for a braai at my mentors house. so far, everyone has been great!

tomorrow is my first day in the office. i have yet to talk work plans, expectations, etc, but there seems to be plenty to do and also some flexibility for me to tailor the work to my skills and interest. i certainly feel ready to get started.

more to come....